|Previous||Dr. Douglas Ensminger and the Ford Foundation||Next|
The Ford Foundation was created in 1936 by Edsel Ford (1893-1943), the only child of Henry Ford (1863-1947), as a non-profit organization for public welfare, with a gift of $25,000. For the first decade, its activities mainly revolved around Michigan, USA, where Ford Motor Company (estd. 1903) was based. Following the death of both Edsel and Henry Ford in the 1940s, the Ford Foundation became the largest philanthropy in the world due to their bequests.
2019-20 @ All Rights Reserved.
Website developed and maintained by IIMA Archives